Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The 4th or so beginning

I am starting this blog in hopes of other "Medical Mysteries" finding their way here for discussions in hopes that different minds coming together might someday diagnose me and or another blogger find the answer to their "Medical Mystery".

One year ago today, I woke up with pain in my left arm and breast. Thinking this was just something minimal, I headed to my PCP to get something for the pain. With the next week I saw 4 doctors, has a mammogram, ultrasound, x-rays and was on medication. Nothing was found, take the meds, use ice and it should all get better. Within weeks the pain had traveled across my chest to the other side. By the first of September, I was in so much pain I couldn't move my neck, my low back was in terrible pain, I couldnt hardly walk, my right hip/upper leg was caused me the worst of pain..chest bone pain, headaches, couldnt sleep and felt I could kill someone if they looked at me wrong. I was on short term disability, missing my job and co workers.
Spin forwards to today....5 neurologist, 2 rhematologist, ER visits, hospital stay, 2 brain MRI's, 2 EMG's, CT, multiple x-rays, 1000's of dollars of lab work, lumbar MRI, EEG and so many many different medications. Been tested for rhematoid arthritis, wilsons disease, sjogrens disease, MS, polymyositis, parkinsons, lupus, lyme disease, HIV, hepatitis. What we know I have..parkinsonism (not parkinsons) fibromyalgia, myofacial syndorme.
All the crazy problems I have: Headaches all the time, have had several migraines, optical migraines, vision blurr (not doubled), memory loss, tremors (mainly on my right side) leg, arm, hand, neck...severe right hip/upper leg pain, burning with touch on both legs, many little nodules in both upper legs, tingling/numb hands and lower arm & feet and lower legs, muscle atrophy, problems when talking (either stop in mid sentence, studder, or forget words), chest bone pain, severe low back pain, muscle spasms in back, neck pain, weight loss, fatigue, irritable, cant sleep.
MS has been walked through, my PCP believes eventually that will be the diagnosis. My brain MRI shows 5-6 subcentimeters of FLAIR, the largest of these within the left frontal centrum semiovale measures 4mm. I will be having another one in the next couple of weeks. The initial EMG shows (L) sup pern sensory nerve showed no response (14cm). The (R) sup peron anti sensory nerve showed borerline reduced amplitude (3.5 uV). F wave studies indicate that the(L) peroneal F wave has no response. According to the impression, there is no significant abnormalities? I had another EMG today along with an EEG, tomorrow I will be having a VNG. The CT scan was done on my lower abdominal area to see if something in that area was causing the pain in my right hip area..well nothing like that was found, but they did find that I have renal cortical scarring (what that means?) I will go to the kidney doctor tomorrow to find out. In October 2008, lumbar MRI was within normal limits. Blood work for the most has alway been within normal limits. Medications: Davacet (pain), Hydrcodone 5.0. 7.5, and at this time take Hydocodone 10.0 all for pain. Cymbalta, Lyrica, Artane, Mysoline, Folgard, Ambian, Baclafon, Tizanidine, Provigil, Meloxicam, Prednisone.
I am a 45 yr old caucasion female, married for 15 years, 4 children, 6 grandchildren. I have always been a very physical person, hyperactive! I am 5'3" 136 pounds moderate financial stability, wonderful home and family where our Heavenly Father is the leader. I have been a smoker for many years and do drink dr peppers daily, no alcohol. I dont really eat meat, maybe once or twice a month. Sweets and chocolates are not a part of my menu, I am not much of an eater..one meal a day gets me by.
I write all the above stuff in hopes of having all the story put out there in true hopes of being completely diagnosed someday..Thanks for reading..I promise to make it reading friendly as best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment